For those of you following, you are probably aware (because I’ve mentioned it every chance I could get) that I have returned to school to become a Holistic Nutritionist.
It’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love every. literal. second of it.
This first week has been a whirlwind – information is flying everywhere. Looking back I thought to myself not only that I have learned a lot, but that I also acquired very useful and/or interesting tidbits of information that I just really wanted to share with you guys.
- Turmeric can be applied topically. Right?! If you don’t already know how much I love turmeric and why you can check out this post.
- Tropicana Orange juice is disgusting. It is processed to the point where it is actually de-oxygenated and it loses all of it’s flavor… so they add the flavor back in. Gross.
- Bananas are going extinct. Well, just the kind that we are used to here in North America. Those big bananas you love so much are made with really teeny tiny seeds, so they are becoming harder and harder to reproduce and meet the demands of society.
- The good limes are actually the ones that are turning yellow.
- Humans can’t digest the outer shell of flax seeds. If you eat a hole flax seed, it is literally just taking a tiny journey through you. If you want it to aid in digestion, use ground flax seed! Freshly ground (in the last 3 days) is best.
Those are just the fun things I had on the top of my head. Pretty cool right?